I can honestly say that I didn’t measure my spices when coming up with this recipe… so I guessed to the best of my ability here! What I will say, though, is this was one kitchen experiment that turned out RIGHT! FAIR WARNING: If you aren’t into spicy, you might want to add a little less cayenne and chili powder. Enjoy!
1 lb. organic grass fed beef
1-2 tbsp grass fed butter
1 acorn squash, halved, seeds scooped out
1 sweet onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 can organic tomato sauce
1 can organic diced tomatoes with green chilis
1 cup organic beef broth
1-2 tbsp chili powder
1-2 tbsp paprika
Dash of cayenne pepper
½-1 tbsp cumin
Salt (I prefer Himalayan Pink)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Coat baking sheet with olive oil and place acorn squash face down. Place in Pre-heated oven for 30 mins.
3.Brown ground beef in a skillet with grass fed butter butter. Season beef with salt and pepper
4, Once beef is browned, put it in your slow cooker with the diced onion and bell pepper. Add all of your seasonings (chili powder, paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder).
5. After seasonings are added, add your tomato sauce and diced tomatoes with green green chilis. Mix contents of slow cooker.
6. Cube acorn squash and scoop contents into slow cooker. Mix well
7. Add Beef broth, and put in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours.